In comparison to a sapphire or ruby, an opal may come across as quite understated. But a discerning eye will notice a “galaxy”, filled with beauty and charm, which makes this gem truly unique.
For centuries, it has been treasured for displaying a vivid play-of-color that has often been compared to the rainbow, fireworks and of course, the galaxy. Even William Shakespeare called it the “Queen of Gems” in his play titled Twelfth Night. Today, opal jewelry is more popular than ever before and many of our happy customers will vouch for it.
Here’s a look at 7 of our most popular pieces and why everyone loved them!
- Claw-Set Vintage Diamond Halo Opal RingProduct USP: In addition to an alluring vintage design, this ring features dazzling diamonds that make their way to the shank.Customer Review: “I decided a long time ago that I would have an opal engagement ring instead of a diamond being that it’s my birthstone and, in my opinion, the most beautiful gemstone out there. Angara did an amazing job and I receive compliments on it daily! I love it so much.” – Miranda.
- Bezel-Set Opal & Diamond Halo Stud EarringsProduct USP: A classic piece of jewelry, set in 14k white gold, that depicts the beauty of flowers in full bloom.Customer Review: “Since I was very uneasy about purchasing earrings online and without visual approval from my girlfriend, I asked about 15 female co-workers in my office which earrings they would wear if they had the chance. Out of the 10 pair that I selected for comparison purposes, majority chose this set. Needless to say, as a Christmas present, they went over wonderfully. She said they were simply “stunning” and the tears followed. She has received many compliments. Overall, I couldn’t have made a better choice.” – Jeff.
- Cathedral Round Opal and Diamond Halo RingProduct USP: The opal’s vivacity is elevated by the halo of sparkling diamonds, while the claw prong setting adds a distinctive touch.Customer Review: “I love this ring and the best part is the opal. Sparkle and the fire in the opal are wonderful. The setting is beautiful. It has an explosion of colors. I can’t stop staring at it when I wear it. It is a great size for my hand and the best piece I have ever gotten for Opal.” – Rainbow Love.
- Pear Shaped Opal Solitaire Pendant NecklaceProduct USP: A pear-shaped opal, resembling a teardrop, hangs nonchalantly from a glossy bale and exudes sheer elegance.Customer Review: “My wife and I had our first child Greyson Matthew Thompson on 05/17/17! Right after Mother’s Day! So naturally our little man had to get his mom a belated Mother’s Day gift! (I always promised my wife that I’d get her a tear drop opal necklace)” – Blake.
- Inverted V-Bale Cabochon Opal & Diamond Halo PendantProduct USP: The long inverted V-bale, embedded with glittering diamonds, instantly catches the eye and takes the beauty of the opal to the next level.Customer Review: “Beautiful, I really love the different colors it has. It has lots of fire and the overall quality is great, received as a gift and I really love the design. The pendant looked gorgeous and I received quite a few compliments.” – Kelly.
- Solitaire Cabochon Opal Stud EarringsProduct USP: A charming and versatile pair of earrings that draws focus to the beauty of opals with its simplistic design.Customer Review: “I love the earrings…they are gorgeous! I have sensitive ears and platinum is the only metal that works for me besides yellow gold…I am so glad Angara offers that as an option.” – Gems lover.
- Split Shank Solitaire Cabochon Opal & Diamond RingProduct USP: An artistically crafted ring that features a split shank and two sparkling diamonds that perfectly complement the surreal center stone.Customer Review: “This ring is beautiful and she adores it! I proposed over Thanksgiving dinner in front of my family and she said yes! As a college student this ring was affordable for me and she wanted opal stone with diamonds and that is exactly what this is. Other people have told me they love the curvy design of it as well! I was very impressed by the box too! It contained a light that lit up the ring as you opened it! Overall very very pleased!” – Christian
In addition to these stunners, Angara has a fabulous assortment of opal jewelry for you to choose from. Go ahead and celebrate the birthstone of October with a beautiful piece.