The dazzling sapphire is one of the most sought-after precious gemstones available today. It has a rating of 9 on Mohs scale of mineral hardness, which indicates remarkable strength. This exceptionally alluring gem is also the birthstone for those born in the month of September.
While sapphire is available in a variety of hues, pink and blue are undoubtedly the most popular. Here are 3 reasons that make each of them much-desired…
- A Gorgeous Alternative to Pink Diamonds: This splendid stone is available in shades varying from a rich blossomy pink to a subtle baby pink. The beautiful color exuded by pink sapphire makes it an affordable alternative to pink diamonds, which are certainly more expensive.
- Symbolism: This gem is often associated with romance and feminine elegance. What’s more, throughout history pink sapphires have been believed to be symbols of love. This makes them the perfect choice for engagement rings and bridal jewelry.
- Versatility: Pleasing pink sapphires, similar to diamonds, are known to flatter almost all outfits – from denim to pinstripe suits.
- A Gem of the Royals: Blue sapphires feature in the crown jewels of several countries. Princess Diana’s 12-carat oval blue Ceylon sapphire engagement ring is another wonderful example of this stone’s history with affluence.
- Symbolism: A blue sapphire is believed to represent loyalty, truth and honesty. Even today, it remains one of the most highly-preferred gems for engagement rings.
- Luster and Brilliance: A well-cut blue sapphire is known for exuding the kind of intensity that can instantly grab attention. This feature, in combination with a rich color, is what makes it a prized possession.
Since sapphires are extremely durable, they won’t chip or crack easily. This simplifies your process of jewelry maintenance. Simply use warm water and mild soap, and clean gently with the help a soft bristle toothbrush.
Why buy sapphire jewelry from Angara?
- Wide Range of Options: With just a few clicks, you can explore and shop from Angara’s extensive collection of sapphire jewelry. Featuring a variety of designs and styles, here you are sure to find something that fits your style and budget.
- Custom Made: If a piece of jewelry catches your eye but you want some changes then remember, at Angara it can be done! The Craft Your Own Jewelry section on our home page allows you to explore a wide range of designs available as per the jewelry type, metal and stone you select. Furthermore, you can also choose the gemstone quality and carat weight according to your preference.
- Free Shipping: Angara offers free ground shipping within the USA. All international orders over US $500 are also shipped for free. For more details, click here.
- Free Returns: If you aren’t 100% satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a full refund or exchange it within 30 days of the shipping date. For more details, click here.
- 110% Refund Policy: If any accredited jewelry appraiser values the piece for less than 125% of the purchase price or states that the craftsmanship is not exceptional, we’ll give you a 110% refund (up to $250).
Read all about August month’s birthstone here.
Related topics on September birthstone –