How to Care Citrine Jewelry
- Citrine should not be exposed to extreme heat and temperatures. Avoid wearing citrine jewelry during sun bathing or during long exposure to sunlight.
- Extreme temperature changes may result in cracking or fracturing of the stone. Consider your travel destinations.
- Keep the jewelry protected from rough use. Do not wear your jewelry during exercising, gardening or washing your dishes by hand.
- Do not expose citrine to X-Rays because the stone will turn dark brown.
- Keep away from harsh oils, bleach, hairsprays, acidic perfumes, cleaning detergents or any chemicals. This may cause the stone to look dull. It’s best to wear your jewelry as the last step when getting ready.
Citrine Jewelry Cleaning
- Citrine jewelry should be cleaned bi-monthly to avoid build-up of cloud dust on the surface.
- Mild detergent, dish washing soap or any jewelry cleaner will keep your jewelry sparkling like new.
- Soak the jewelry for 15-30 minutes in a warm soapy solution. Scrub the jewelry very gently with a soft brush. Best to use circular motion to wash away grime.
- Rinse the jewelry thoroughly under light pressure warm water.
- Dry the stones using a soft lint free jewelers’ cloth. Do not let the stones air dry as they may leave spots.
- If the jewelry exhibits other stones like diamond accents, then use very mild soap (or jewelry soap).
- Never use ammonia with accent stones. Ammonia turns clear diamonds to yellow.
- Do not use ultrasonic machine as they loosen the metal setting and can result in the stones to come out.
Citrine Jewelry Storage
- Citrine (like all gemstones) needs proper storing compartments to avoid abrasions, scratches and chipping. Before placing the jewelry in boxes, wrap your jewelry in a soft cloth to avoid any sort of rubbing and scratching.
- Remember to visit a certified jeweler twice a year to get your jewelry checked and cleaned professionally. The jeweler will check the mounting and setting to make sure that the stones are perfectly set. She/he will also examine if the stones are chipped or scratched in any way or form.