Gemstone Bliss: Sapphire or Diamond?
Sapphire Vs Diamond – Which One Should You Buy?
The Dilemma: Sapphire or Diamonds?
Is the comparison even?
How to conduct a reality check?
- As for Mohs scale, a parameter of judging the hardness of mineral; Diamond, being the hardest occupies the 10th position while Sapphire scores a decent 9.
- While refractive index of Diamond comes out to be 2.418, for Sapphire it remains 1.76. So in daylight, the color of rainbow around the diamond while in case of blue sapphire you will only see blue light.
- Globally accepted standard for describing diamonds: Color, Clarity, Cut, and Carat Weight while Blue Sapphire being a colored gemstone, the quality depends upon Hue, Tone and Saturation rating.
- In case of diamond, ideal cut represents roughly the top 3% of diamond quality based on cut that reflect nearly all light that enters the diamond. Whereas for Sapphire Cornflower blue remains to be the most popular combination of hue, tone and saturation so far.
- Keep in mind, that one should buy colored gemstones by size and not by carat weight. Colored stones vary in size-to-weight ratio. Some stones are larger and others are smaller than diamond by weight in comparison.