Last Updated: May 25, 2018
The EU data protection law distinguishes between organizations that process personal data for their own purposes (known as “controllers”) and organizations that process personal data on behalf of other organizations (known as “processors”). Angara is the “data controller” with respect to the information you provide while using our service.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU
We collect information from you that you provide when you register with us, join our mailing list, update your profile, access our content, place an order, participate in a contest, promotion or survey, or contact customer support.
Categories of information collected include the following:
- Contact details: This includes your name, e-mail and postal address, contact number and other similar data.
- Demographic Information: Under this, we collect details such as your age, gender and country.
- Credentials: We collect your password and other information for authentication and account access.
- Payment details: This covers all the data necessary to process your payment when you make a purchase.
- Profile data: We collect your interests, wish lists, ring size preferences, and other profile information.
- Content: This includes all the messages that you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews, or questions and information you provide to our customer support team.
- Contacts: We may also collect and store information about other people that you provide to us.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
Angara automatically collects information about your device and how it interacts with us. Some examples include:
- User Behavior Data: We automatically collect information about the products purchased, pages visited, features used, e-mails and ads viewed, the time of day you browse and other similar information.
- Device Details: This includes information regarding the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and other similar information. We also collect details about your device’s location and IP address.
- Web Logs: We automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track your movements around our site.
- Cookies: Cookies are bits of information that are automatically stored on your computer's hard drive to recognize your preferences in order to make shopping easier.
- Operational: Cookies are necessary to allow us to operate our services. For example, they are required to help you access secure areas such as your personal account pages and to use features like our shopping bag.
- Analytics and Customization: Analytics and customization cookies are used to gather information on how you use our service. This data is used to customize our services for you and to make the content you see as relevant as possible.
- Performance and Functionality: Cookies help us enhance the performance and functionality of our services. They help us identify you or your device when you come back to us so that you do not have to log in to view your shopping bag.
- Social Networking: Social Networking: Cookies allow visitors to share our pages and content through third-party social networking websites.
Location-Identifying Technologies: These technologies may be used to collect precise location data when you enable location-based services through your device.
Device Finger Printing & Pixels: Device fingerprinting is the process of analyzing and combining information from your device’s browser in order to create a “fingerprint” of your device and uniquely identify it. Angara may use electronic images known as pixels or web beacons. When you access a website, e-mail, or an advertisement that contains a pixel, it may permit us or a third party to drop or read cookies on your browser.
INFORMATION FROM OTHER SERVICES
To respect your privacy, Angara will not sell or rent the personal information you provide to us online to any third party. However, we may gather information about you from third party sources such as social networks, public databases, partners, affiliates and data brokers.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Angara may use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Manage your orders and to provide requested services
- Confirm your order and to track the process
- Respond to your comments and queries
- Review your information for errors and accuracy
- Prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, including suspected fraud
- Facilitate your warranty or other services such as cleanings, repairs, or resizing of your products
- Improve our services and product offerings, and develop new ones
- Improve marketing and promotional efforts, and overall customer experience
- Identify your product and service preferences
- Offer you personalized content
- Understand customer demographics and behavior
- Administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions
- Contact you regarding products and services that we believe may be of interest to you
- Fulfill any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share your information as follows:
Angara entities: We may share your personal information with our affiliated entities, including any corporate subsidiaries or affiliates.
Service Providers: We may use third-party service providers to perform certain services, including shipping, payment processing, billing and collections, marketing and data enhancement.
Special Events: If you choose to participate in a special event such as a promotion, contest, or sweepstakes, Angara may share your information with those organizations participating in the event.
Feedback and Testimonials: We may post feedbacks or testimonials provided by you, including your information, on the service or in marketing and promotional materials. We may, by our sole discretion, edit feedback or testimonials for length and content.
Third Parties: We may share your information with third parties for purposes of facilitating your requests and in connection measuring and improving our service and advertising effectiveness, and enabling other enhancements.
Compliance with Law & Fraud Protection: We may disclose your information as we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. We also may share your information in order to investigate illegal activities, including suspected fraud, or as otherwise required by law.
Consent: We may share your information for any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent.
Angara is concerned about the privacy of young children and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from a child under 13 years of age. Angara does not sell products for purchase by children.
THIRD PARTY FEATURES
We may allow you to connect our service to a third party service. If you use a third party feature, both we and the applicable third party may have access to and use information associated with your use of the feature. Some examples of such features include:
- Liking and Sharing. We may embed a pixel that allows you to “like” or “share” content on your Angara account through social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. We may collect any information you have authorized the third party to share with us such as your user ID, public profile information, e-mail address, birthday, friends list, and other profile data.
ANALYTICS AND INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
We use Tracking Technologies from third-party analytics providers, such as Google Analytics, to help us analyze your use of the service and compile statistic reports. We also work with ad serving services, advertisers, and other third parties to serve advertisements on the service or on third-party services.
We may serve ads on third-party services, such as Facebook and Google, which are targeted to reach people on those services that have visited our service or that are also identified in one or more of our databases. This is done by matching common factors between our data and the data of third-party services.
THE CHOICES YOU CAN MAKE
Accessing and updating your information: If you have created an Angara account, you can review, change, remove or update certain personal information relating to your account at any time by logging on to your account. To update or revise information in your account, you may do so through your account or by contacting us.
Do Not Track: Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit allaboutdnt.com.
Analytics & Interest-Based Advertising: You can opt-out of your data being used by Google Analytics through cookies by visiting tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Communications: You may choose to unsubscribe from our promotional emails anytime using the links displayed at the bottom of the emails or by contacting our customer support team.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a customer in California, in addition to the rights mentioned above, you can request information from Angara regarding the manner in which Angara shares certain categories of personal information with third parties and/or affiliates for their own direct marketing purposes. To receive this information, you can send us a request at the address mentioned in the ‘contact us’ section.
YOUR EUROPEAN PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a data subject in Europe, you have the right to access, rectify, or erase any personal data we have collected about you through the Service. You also have the right to data portability and the right to restrict or object to our processing of personal data we have collected about you through the Service. In addition, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data (or provide it to third parties to process) for marketing purposes or purposes materially different than for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. You may withdraw your consent at any time for any data processing we do based on consent you have provided to us.
To exercise any of these rights, contact us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below and specify which right you intend to exercise. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we store information as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, and may continue to retain and use the information even after a data subject request for purposes of our legitimate interests, including as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, and enforce our agreements.
If you have any issues with our compliance, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a European supervisory authority.
We use a combination of physical and electronic security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. While we strive to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose to us.
If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
By Email: email@example.com
By Phone: 1-844-527-4367
550 South Hill St, Suite 1015
Los Angeles, CA 90013