- Clear All
Items 1-36 of 74
- Classic Solitaire Oval Opal and Diamond Collar Ring$649 - $1,769Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Oval Opal Ring with Floral Diamond Halo$859 - $2,949Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Opal and Diamond Split Shank Ring$209 - $1,929Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Double Claw-Set Oval Opal Halo Ring with Diamonds$769 - $2,579Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Oval Solitaire Opal Cocktail Ring$519 - $1,369Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Princess Diana Inspired Opal Ring with Diamond Halo$689 - $2,389Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Vintage Style Claw-Set Round Opal Halo Ring$729 - $2,199Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Round Opal Cathedral Ring with Diamond Halo$569 - $1,659Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Solitaire Oval Opal Ring with Diamond Floral Accent$509 - $1,569Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Oval Opal Split Shank Ring with Diamond Collar$339 - $1,659Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Bezel-Set Round Opal Solitaire Engagement Ring$729 - $2,539Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Solitaire Oval Opal Criss Cross Ring with Diamonds$359 - $2,119Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Solitaire Oval Opal Split Shank Ring with Trio Diamonds$259 - $1,599Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Floating Three Stone Opal Ring with Diamond Halo$839 - $2,409Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Pear Opal Ring with Triple Diamond Accents$689 - $2,219Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Classic Oval Opal Floral Halo Ring$829 - $2,079Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Criss Cross Pear Shaped Opal Ring with Diamond Accents$979 - $2,249Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Floating Opal Halo Ring with Diamond Accents$649 - $1,839Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Oval Opal Bypass Ring with Trio Diamond Accents$739 - $2,059Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Vintage Style Oval Opal Ring with Diamonds$719 - $2,579Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Vintage Style Opal Spilt Shank Ring with Diamond Halo$819 - $2,409Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Vintage Style Oval Opal and Diamond Scroll Engagement Ring$329 - $1,839Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Pear Opal Ring with Diamond Halo$949 - $2,249Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Classic Round Opal Solitaire Bypass Ring$469 - $2,019Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Oval Opal Vintage Style Ring with Diamond Accents$649 - $2,079Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Tapered Shank Opal Solitaire Ring with Diamond Accents$469 - $1,739Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Round Opal Cocktail Ring with Diamond Halo$909 - $1,759Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Solitaire Opal Infinity Knot Ring$519 - $1,579Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Vintage Inspired Oval Opal Halo Ring with Heart Motifs$359 - $1,999Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Round Opal Halo Ring with Diamond Accents$619 - $2,419Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Opal Twist Rope Split Shank Ring$539 - $1,029Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Oval-Shaped Opal Solitaire Ring with Diamond Accents$329 - $1,859Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Vintage Style Bezel-Set Oval Opal Ring with Diamonds$589 - $1,749Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Bypass Round Opal and Diamond Halo Ring$749 - $1,859Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- Floating Round Opal Ring with Diamond Halo$559 - $1,749Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
- East-West Oval Opal Solitaire Ring with Diamonds$659 - $2,039Extra 10% off with code HAPPINESS
Items 1-36 of 74
About Opal Rings
According to an aboriginal legend from Australia, the creator of the universe came to earth on a rainbow. The pebbles where he stood absorbed all the beautiful colors of the rainbow and that's how opals were born. Regarded as a 'symbol of hope', opals were believed to possess the virtues of all other gemstones. In the past, they have been worn to improve memory and eyesight, cure depression and other physical and mental ailments. A favorite gemstone among artists, an opal is believed to enhance imagination and creativity. It is said that during intense times of change, growth and transformation, an opal facilitates healing and guides you towards the right direction. The beauty of this gemstone and its vivid play - of - color is often associated with volcanoes, galaxies and fireworks. Early Romans and Greeks called it the 'cupid stone' as the seductive flashes of colors were believed to instill love and passion.
Scientifically, its formation has a more realistic background. It is said that rainwater seeped down the sedimentary rocks in the dry lands of Australia and settled in deep underground crevices. The water, when evaporated, left behind deposits of solid silica that became opals. There is about 20% to 30% water content trapped in them, which makes them delicate and vulnerable to sudden change in temperatures. Opal has a rating of 5.5 to 6 on Mohs scale of mineral hardness, which indicates that it needs care while wearing and during storage. Nevertheless, the hypnotic colors and the mysterious diffraction of light do not fail to enchant opal lovers. From Marc Antony and Cleopatra to Elvis Presley and Elizabeth Taylor, the rich and the celebrated have owned opals as prized possessions. Currently, it is the national gemstone of Australia.
Opal got its name from the Sanskrit word 'upala' and Latin term 'opalus', both meaning 'a precious stone'. The Indonesian name for opal is 'kalimaya', derived from the Javanese word 'kali' for river and Sanskrit 'maya' meaning illusion; together they translate to 'river of illusion'. With its magical play - of - color, this gemstone has managed to attract a distinctive class of admirers. If you too have fallen for this stone's unique and iridescent beauty, then one of the best ways to flaunt it is by wearing it on your finger. For fourteenth wedding anniversaries and October birthdays, opal rings make a scintillating gift. Angara offers a fabulous selection of this alluring piece of jewerly in a wide array of designs. Whether you like it subtle or glamorous, we have just the right piece for you.
Here you'll find solitaire opal rings that radiate an understated charm. Stack it with other rings of your choice to make a fashion - forward statement. There are also designs in which the stone is surrounded by a halo of glistening diamonds or those in which the beauty of the opal is accentuated by side stones. For added brilliance, you can go for an opal gemstone ring with a diamond - studded shank. Speaking of shanks, you can either opt for a plain band or one with a tapering design. We also have sophisticated split shanks and criss - cross styles.
The opals are mainly cabochons, cut into various shapes such as oval, pear and round to create a ring that you'll treasure forever. White gold, yellow gold, rose gold, platinum - there's a wide choice in metals as well. Settings range from the classic prong to the elegant bezel. You'll also find beautiful opal wedding and engagement rings. These pieces are available in different stone qualities and total carat weight options, so you can easily choose the one that meets your style requirements and budget.
Did You Know?
In 2008, opals were discovered on Mars. This makes opal one of the few gems that have ever been found outside our planet.